Waiver and Release of Liability
This Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement ("Agreement") is effective as of the of , , between , (“Vendor”); and The Cat House on the Kings, Inc. (“Cat House on the Kings”).
With regard to participation in the (the “Event”) the Vendor agrees as follows:
- Vendor acknowledges and understands that participation in the Event involves potential risks that may arise from the actions and inactions of Vendor, other individuals attending the Event, or the Cat House on the Kings and its officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers. Vendor expressly agrees to accept and assume full responsibility for any and all risks of bodily injury, death or property damage caused by or arising directly or indirectly from Vendor’s participation in the Event, regardless of the cause. Participation in the Event is purely voluntary, and Vendor elects to participate in spite of the risks. Vendor acknowledges and understands that there are a significant number of free-roaming cats located at the Cat House on the Kings, which is the location of the Event.
- Vendor releases the Cat House on the Kings, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers (“the Released Parties”) and waives all actions, claims and demands that Vendor or Vendor’s heirs, executors, representatives, insurers, attorneys, administrators or assigns (“the Releasing Parties”) may have or may hereafter have for any personal injury, bodily injury (including death) or property damage that Vendor may directly or indirectly incur while participating in the Event, including but not limited to that incurred as a result of the negligence of the Released Parties. Vendor, on behalf of both Vendor and the Releasing Parties, agrees not to sue the Released Parties on the basis of these waived and released claims.
- Vendor agrees to comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions as conditions for participation in the Event.
- At all times during Event, Vendor, his/her employees and agents shall be independent contractors and not employees or agents of the Cat House on the Kings. Vendor and his/her employees and agents shall have no authority, express or implied, to bind the Cat House on the Kings to any obligation whatsoever.
- The Cat House on the Kings may terminate Vendor’s participation in the Event at any time. The Cat House on the Kings shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the Vendor as a result of such termination by the Cat House on the Kings.
- Vendor shall comply with all laws applicable to the performance of the work hereunder, including, to the extent applicable, health and safety regulations. Vendor is solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes, including employment taxes, that Vendor may incur as a result of participation in the Event.
- Vendor represents and warrants to the Cat House on the Kings that Vendor and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers have all licenses, permits, qualifications, and approvals of whatsoever nature that is legally required to offer the goods and/or services that Vendor is offering at the Event.
- Vendor agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands, actions, judgments, damages, liabilities, and costs of any kind, including attorneys’ fees, (collectively “Liabilities”) arising out of or in any manner related to Vendor’s participation in the Event, except to the extent that such Liabilities are caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Parties.
- The person signing this Agreement represents and warrants that he or she is duly authorized and has the legal capacity to execute and deliver this Agreement on the behalf of the Vendor. By signing below I agree that I have carefully read the foregoing Waiver and Release of Liability and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I sign it without inducement.
AGREED AND ACCEPTED:
VENDOR NAME (PRINT)