The Cat House on the Kings does not share any information you provide to us with any other organization for any purpose whatsoever unless compelled to do so by law.
The following sections describe how we use the personal information you provide to us.
- Adoption Application Form — We use the information provided on the form to determine if you are a suitable match for the animal(s) for whom you are applying.
- Volunteer Application Form — We use the information provided on the form to contact you about potential volunteer opportunities with The Cat House on the Kings for which you may be a candidate.
- Foster Application Form — We use the information provided on the form to contact you about becoming a temporary foster parent for one or more cats or dogs for whom we will be seeking a permanent home.
- Surrender Form — We use the information provided on the form to contact you about the surrendered animals and, in the event of non-payment, for returning the animals to you or a friend/relative.
- Animal Sponsorship Form or Webcam Sponsorship Form — We use the information provided on the form to acknowledge your donation or to contact you in the event that pledged donations are not received.
- Memorial/Tribute Donation Form — We use the information provided on the form to acknowledge your donation and to send a card acknowledging your donation to the designated recipient.
Any individual submitting one of the above forms will be added to our mailing list with all relevant subscriptions, but may opt-out of individual subscriptions by using the Unsubscribe link included with any e-mail message sent by us.
Any individual making a donation to The Cat House on the Kings will be added to our mailing list with all relevant subscriptions, but may opt-out by using the Unsubscribe link included with any e-mail message sent by us or by writing to us.
Online Shop & Calendar Orders
The information collected when placing an order through our online shop or ordering our calendar is used solely to process your order or to answer questions about your order.
The Cat House on the Kings maintains a mailing list with the information you provide when you sign up for our newsletter, when you submit one of our online forms for a service we provide or make a donation to us. We maintain separate subscriptions within the mailing list:
- The Newsletter subscription list is used solely for delivering to you our quarterly newsletter and an occasional 2-page "help letter", which are Adobe PDF files accessed though this website. You will receive e-mail with a link to the document when a new one is available online. When you opt to receive a hardcopy version, your subscription will continue until you notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter that you wish to discontinue your subscription.
- The Announcements subscription list is used to notify you of news & events at The Cat House on the Kings or opportunities for you to support our work.
- Subscriptions to the Newsletter and Announcements subscription lists are separate: This means that unsubscribing from one does not automatically remove you from the other. Each message we send contains an Unsubscribe link so you can stop further messages to the corresponding subscription list. When you unsubscribe from one list, you also have the opportunity to unsubscribe from the other list.
Your subscriptions will be terminated automatically when any of the following occurs:
- A hardcopy newsletter is returned by the USPS as undeliverable.
- A message is rejected due to an invalid e-mail address.
- If your e-mail service returns four consecutive messages from us automatically either because your mailbox is full or the mail service deems them to be spam.
- If you mark a newsletter or announcement e-mail message from us as "spam" or "junk", causing your e-mail provider to send us an automatic abuse report. We have formal feedback loops established with the major e-mail providers (including AOL, Google, Hotmail and Yahoo) to receive these reports.
The Cat House on the Kings is completely dependent upon donations from the general public for its operational expenses. To supplement our donation income we offer limited space on our website for advertisements ("ads") for which we are compensated.
In order to present ads relevant to you, our third party advertisers or their delivery agent, such as Google, may attempt to store a cookie with your web browser (see below). When you click on an ad on this website you will be taken to the advertiser's web page. The action of clicking on the advertisement will cause this website to record the click, but no other personally identifiable information.
This website uses browser cookies in the following ways:
- This website uses a session cookie to maintain state between page views. This cookie is discarded when you close your browser session.
You may opt-out of cookies from some, but not all, advertising networks in one location at the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out website
Anonymous Usage Statistics
The Cat House on the Kings website uses Google Analytics for the purpose of understanding how our visitors use our website so that we may improve it. This technology reports information to Google anonymously about pages on our website that you visit.
Questions or Concerns?
Last updated: 2/23/2017