GlitterFix.com was started by Alicia Santos and the website itself is a very new business, but Alicia has been gluing rhinestones on many, many different items for over 10 years. She started this business after selling and gifting many shoes to friends and family over the years and decided to try selling them over the internet.
Check out our favorite litter scoop! Its clever design will save you minutes of scooping every day and when you have hundreds of cats like we do, that adds up very quickly. The video below shows what a difference it can make. Click on either graphic for more information.
Chocolate Chip Charities ... Make a sweet donation
Animal Radio® ...America's "most-listened-to" pet show.
Heart of the Earth Animal Equipment ... Humane animal traps from a woman-owned business.
- Find a veterinarian or low-cost spay/neuter clinic
- Find a holistic veterinarian
- Find a rescue group/shelter
- List of no-kill rescue/shelters
- Lifetime Care Programs (all species, United States only)
- Sanctuaries for FeLV+/FIV+ cats
- For help with ferals/strays in Santa Clara County, CA, go to www.catcenter.org to connect with local rescuers.
Look up a microchip ID in one of these databases to find out how to contact the pet's guardian to get him/her home:
- Can’t Pay for Your Pet’s Care? These 12 Programs Can Help
- Emergency Surgery Grants for Pets
- The Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid for Pets
- ASPCA list of plants toxic to cats and/or dogs
- 199 Poisonous Plants to Look Out For: A graphical representation of plants and flowers that are harmful for your cats or dogs.
- Avas Flowers: Poisonous Flowers and Plants for Pets – Plants That Can Harm Your Pet. Finally, a florist who knows that some plants are toxic to pets!
- Vet's Library – a curated collection of links to veterinary information
- Ask the Cat Doctor
- First Aid & CPR for pets
- CatInfo.org – Feline Nutrition. See also Purrfect Cat Diet.
- Surviving the Heat: Tips for your Pet (Thanks to Julia for finding this link!)
Pet-Friendly Housing & Moving Tips
- Apartment List
- Pet Care in Condos and Apartments
- Help Your Pet Adjust to a New Home: Moving Tips for Dog and Cat Parents
Note: The Cat House on the Kings does not endorse any specific transport. We urge you to do your own research before engaging a pet transporter, including asking for references to satisfied customers who you can contact independently.
Caution: Please be very careful if you engage an individual who is not well known to you. Do not pay in full in advance of the delivery of the animal. Be sure to obtain proper identification like a photocopy of a valid driver's license to enable the individual to be found if there is a problem. We are aware of situations in which the "transporter" picked up the animal and the fee, but the animal did not arrive at the destination.