News and Events
Xylitol, a sugar substitute used in some sugar-free products, including candy and chewing gum, is very toxic to dogs and fatal even in small amounts (e.g. 8-10 sticks of chewing gum). It causes dangerous surges in insulin and can result in liver damage in 24 hours.
If you shop at Amazon.com (who doesn't?) you can generate a donation for us simply by beginning your shopping at AmazonSmile! Doesn't cost you a penny, but sends 0.5% of your eligible purchases to help the cats!
Attention rescue groups and shelters: Get the latest information on caring for FIV+ cats from this online webinar from Maddies Institute
Petco Adoption Center
The Cat House on the Kings has partnered with Petco and the Petco Foundation to build a 1500 sq. ft. adoption center inside Petco at 4144 N. Blackstone at Ashlan in Fresno. The adoption center at Petco is open daily 10am-5pm and Wednesday 10am-6pm. Call (559) 222-0228 for more information. (Please note: Our on-site adoption center is open by appointment only. Call (559) 638-0490.)
Our heartfelt thanks go to Carl and the Petco Foundation for their support.
See photos of past events:
- Fall Open House - November 3rd, 2018
- Special Cat Team Visit - August 6th, 2018
- 2018 All Star Foster - June 30th, 2018
- Spring Open House - May 5th, 2018
- Tammy's Helicopter Ride on Air George over The Cat House - April 15th, 2018
- Poker for Paws Fundraiser - March 10th, 2018
- Fall Open House - November 4th, 2017
- Boho Beautiful Yoga Event - September 16th, 2017
- Spring Open House - May 6th, 2017
- Downed Eucalyptus Trees - April 8th, 2017
- Poker for Paws - February 18th, 2017
- Autumn Open House - November 5th, 2016
- Spring Open House - May 7th, 2016
- The Cat House awarded a Certificate of Recognition - February 11th, 2016
- French TV Filming - February 4th, 2016
- Autumn Open House - November 7th, 2015
- Spring Open House - May 2nd, 2015
- Family Volunteer Day - November 22nd, 2014
- Autumn Open House - November 1st, 2014
- Tree Planting - October 17th, 2014
- Spring Open House - May 4th, 2014
- World Spay Day - February 23rd, 2014
- Petco Adoption Center Anniversary Party - February 22nd, 2014
- Autumn Open House - November 2nd, 2013
- National Geographic Filming - March 18th, 2013
- Petco Adoption Center Grand Opening - February 15th, 2013
- Bondi Vet visits The Cat House - December 21st, 2012
- 20th Anniversary Autumn Open House - October 27th, 2012
- Cinco de Meow - Spring Open House - May 5th, 2012
- Cleanup Day - March 12th, 2012
- Autumn Open House - October 29th, 2011
- Halloween Open House - October 31st, 2009
- Spring Open House - May 16th, 2009
- Autumn Open House - October 25th, 2008
See The Cat House on the Kings in the media:
- Film Courage: Most Important Movie I’ve Ever Made Was About (No-Kill Sanctuary) The Cat House on the Kings by Jack Perez - Nov 1st, 2018
- TV: Lynea appears on To Tell the Truth (she appears about the 19 minute mark) - Aug 8th, 2018
- WsternJournal.com: Woman Turns Home into ‘Cat House’ by Saving Over 34K Animals – June 28th, 2018
- BadCredit.org: A California Rescue that Helps Control Pet Populations and Enables Low-Cost Adoptions – May 17th, 2018
- Channel Kindness: Dawn of the Catwoman: Heroine to the Rescue – May 1st, 2018
- Circa: Over 700 cats roam this no-cage, no-kill 12 acre sanctuary in central California – May 1st, 2018
- DatingAdvice.com: The Cat House on the Kings is a 12-Acre Animal Sanctuary That Saves Lives Thanks to Dedicated Fosters & Volunteers – Apr 5th, 2018
- BuzzFeed: This Sanctuary With 1000 Cats Is A Cat Lover's Dream – Nov 22nd, 2016
- LA Times: Headlines got you down? Try hanging out with 700 free-range rescued cats – Nov 20h, 2016
- French TV: Les 1000 Chats de Lynea – May 30h, 2016
- Huffington Post: Animal Lovers Exchange Vows In Front Of Hundreds Of Cats (Video) – May 19th, 2016
- USA Today/AP: Calif. Woman Gives Up Her Home for Thousands of Cats – April 2th, 2016
- Barcroft TV: Feline Fine: New Home For Abandoned Moustache Cat – March 2nd, 2016
- yourcentralvalley.com: Mustache Kitten abandoned in donation bin – February 24th, 2016
- blogtalkradio.com: The Ultimate Cat Lady (audio interview with Lynea) – January 21st, 2016
- Sunday World.com: Cat lady lives with 1,100 felines – January 19th, 2016
- Telegraph (UK): Ultimate cat lady: Woman shares home with 1,100 rescue felines, in pictures – January 19th, 2016
- Express (UK): Real-life cat lady: Woman lives with 1,100 rescue cats – January 19th, 2016
- Mirror (UK): World's biggest cat lady lives in trailer with her 1,000 pets – January 19th, 2016
- Daily Mail (UK): The woman who lives with 1,000 cats – January 19th, 2016
- Barcroft TV: Ultimate Cat Lady: Woman Shares Her Home With 1,100 Rescue FelinesUltimate Cat Lady: Woman Shares Her Home With 1,100 Rescue Felines – January 19th, 2016
- The Fresno Bee: 12 Faces of Christmas: Lynea Lattanzio’s lifetime of love at Cathouse on the Kings – December 22nd, 2015
- Great Big Story: The Real Life Cat Lady – December 13th, 2015
- The Guardian (UK): Pussies Galore: Love Me, Love My Cats review – furry strange tales – September 19th, 2015
- The Valley's Nickel, Volume 2, Issue 7: The Cat House on the Kings – September, 2015
- Cuteness.com: Meet Lynea Lattanzio of Cat House on the Kings – August 6th, 2015
- Dailymotion: The Cat House on the Kings interview – July 16th, 2015
- USC Annenberg Media Center Impact: Forever Home - April, 2015
- valleypbs: Fall Open House - November 1st, 2014
- The Pet Collective: Handsome - abused cat needs a forever home
- Fresno Bee: Rescue at the river, August 19th, 2014
- Huffington Post: The World's Largest No-Kill Cat Sanctuary Has Saved More Than 20,000 Feline Friends, May 23rd, 2014
- YourCentralValley.com: Celebrating a Year of Finding Animals "Forever Homes", February 23rd, 2014
- Discovery's Animalist News, November 12th, 2013
- ABC30 donates nearly $8K to Cat House on the Kings January 5th, 2013
- Kings River Life: A monthly column by Jackie Dale
- KMPH Fresno: Six Cats Rescued From Middle East – June 24th 2012
- Nat Geo Wild – The Lady with 700 Cats – July 30th 2011
- Daily Mail (UK): The Lady with 700 Cats – July 24th 2011
- Good Morning America: The Lady with 700 Cats – July 23rd 2011 (no longer available)
- New York Post: The Lady with 700 Cats – July 20th 2011
- Lynea interviewed on The Jacque Heebner Pet Show
- Christian Science Monitor, July 2008
- Cop & Cats – Mitch Tobias Photographer (7/15/2015)
- What You’re About To See Is Far From A Crazy Cat Lady. In Fact, It’s Absolutely Awesome - Mark Erik Thomson (7/6/2015)
- Cat House on the Kings - meowbox - Olivia Canlas (6/3/2015)
- Every Week I Photograph Cats at the Largest No-kill Cat Sanctuary in California (700+ Cats) - Jess Lessard (1/15/2015)
- Why You Should Adopt a Senior Cat - nextavenue (3/14/2014)
- The House of One Thousand Cats - Staying Pawsitive (11/6/2013)
- The Cat House on the Kings - catpods.com (March 2013)
- The Lady With 700 Cats – Beth Wilson (8/28/2012)
- Everywhere Man (8/7/2012)
- The Adventures of Baseball and Zooey (7/30/12)
Visitor Photo Albums
See some of the photos taken by visitors to The Cat House on the Kings:
- Jen Lesieur Visit - September 22nd, 2017
- Amber visited and took some great photos! - August 11th, 2015
- Alanna and Maureen spend the night in the driveway! - June 9th, 2010
- Photos from a visit by Mary M. - September 20th, 2009
Occasionally people share with us their own stories about The Cat House on the Kings, cats and dogs who have passed through our doors and about their other pets. We share some of these stories through our scrapbook. If you have a special story to share, simply e-mail us.
Join our mailing list
Sign up today to receive our free newsletter!
Multicolored Cat Quilt
You could win a gorgeous, multicolored 82" x 80" cat quilt by Maxine C. Harris just in time for Christmas! This colorful, whimsical and delightful quilt called "Cats Leave Paw Prints on our Heart" will bring a splash of color to any room!
Raffle tickets are just $1 each. For every 20 tickets you purchase, you will get one free. So if you buy 60 you will actually get 63! To enter send a check or money order payable to The Cat House on the Kings and marked "RAFFLE TICKETS" in the memo section to The Cat House on the Kings, 7120 S. Kings River Rd., Parlier, CA 93648-9720. Alternatively, you may call our office at (559) 638-0030 to purchase tickets with a credit card ($20 minimum). Your ticket numbers will be recorded for the drawing, but we are saving on postage and not mailing ticket stubs. Tickets purchased locally will receive ticket stubs. You need not be present to win. Shipping is free to U.S. addresses, but any international winner will need to help cover shipping costs.
Please note: We are not permitted to accept raffle ticket payments online. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Cat House on the Kings is extremely grateful to the following organizations and individuals for their generous grants. Please visit their websites via the links below to find out more about their charitable activities.
We are honored to have been awarded the following prizes in the Shelter Challenge:
- $1,000 1st place weekly winner for the 2016 Story Contest Challenge.
- $20,000 Grand Prize Winner & $2000 Weekly Prize Winner, 2015 Happy Howlidays Shelter Challenge.
- $1000 1st California State Winner, 2015 Play It Cool Shelter Challenge.
- $2000 Grand Prize & $500 Weekly Winner prize, 2015 Spring Beta Test Shelter Challenge.
- 50 AlphaPooch pet beds for 2nd place in California, 2014 Holiday Edition of the Shelter Challenge.
The Cat House on the Kings is honored to have received a $1000 Community Impact Award from Alley Cat Allies for which we are extremely grateful.
The Build-a-Bear Workshop Bear Hugs Foundation has awarded us a $2,500 grant.
The ASPCA has generously awarded us the following grant:
|$5,000.00||For transporting dogs out of our low adoption high kill rate area|
|$5,000.00||For spay & neuter|
The PETCO Foundation has generously awarded us the following grants:
|$10,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter. (Jan 2015)|
|$1,000.00||A special grant for being voted a 100 Celebrations partner by Petco associates. Thank you! (Sep 2012)|
|$2,500.00||Helping the animals of California's housing crisis (Aug 2012)|
|$5,000.00||For spay/neuter (Aug 2012)|
|$2,500.00||Helping with California's housing crisis fund|
|$1,631.72||Cat and dog food|
We are extremely grateful to the Animal Farm Foundation for an initial grant of $5,000 to provide comprehensive companion animal care services to pet owners in need of assistance through the Happy Healthy Pet program.