News and Events
We are very happy that Lynea has been chosen as Central Valley Remarkable Women winner. (March 2020)
How we expanded from 6 acres to 12 acres: When Doreen Wallet, a Special Needs school teacher, passed away June 25, 2003 aged 56, she bequeathed to us her condo, car and several pieces of artwork. She and her sister Sara had an agreement to donate to each others' favorite charities instead of giving each other Christmas and birthday presents. Sara had given Doreen the names to two cat charities in Fresno and Doreen chose us because she liked reading our newsletter. The proceeds from her bequest enabled us to purchase the adjacent 6 acre property and to fence the entire sanctuary. Sara was able to visit us recently and shared with us the full story which we had not known until then. We will be forever grateful to Doreen and Sara for enabling us to accommodate so many more cats in need. What a wonderful legacy!
Attention rescue groups and shelters: Get the latest information on caring for FIV+ cats from this online webinar from Maddies Institute
Xylitol, a sugar substitute used in some sugar-free products, including candy and chewing gum, is very toxic to dogs and fatal even in small amounts (e.g. 8-10 sticks of chewing gum). It causes dangerous surges in insulin and can result in liver damage in 24 hours.
Petco Adoption Center
The Cat House on the Kings has partnered with Petco and the Petco Foundation to build a 1500 sq. ft. adoption center inside Petco at 4144 N. Blackstone at Ashlan in Fresno. The adoption center at Petco is open daily 10am-5pm and Wednesday 10am-6pm. Call (559) 222-0228 for more information. (Please note: Our on-site adoption center is open by appointment only. Call (559) 638-0490.)
Our heartfelt thanks go to Carl and the Petco Foundation for their support.
See photos of past events:
- Spring Fling Vendor Fair & Open House - May 6th, 2023
- World Cat Day at Storyland - October 16th, 2022
- Poker for Paws - August 20th, 2022
- Open House - April 30th, 2022
- Petco Love Story Celebration - December 19th, 2021
- 15 over 50 Honors Beth Caffrey - December 3rd, 2021
- NBC Boston - Hashtag Our Stories Visit - January 26th, 2020
- Autumn Open House - November 2nd, 2019
- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner - September 7th, 2019
- Girl Scouts Silver Award - July 6th, 2019
- Looking for a Miracle - May 22nd, 2019
- Spring Open House - May 4th, 2019
- Petco Foundation Visit - April 30th, 2019
- Fall Open House - November 3rd, 2018
- Special Cat Team Visit - August 6th, 2018
- 2018 All Star Foster - June 30th, 2018
- Spring Open House - May 5th, 2018
- Tammy's Helicopter Ride on Air George over The Cat House - April 15th, 2018
- Poker for Paws Fundraiser - March 10th, 2018
- Fall Open House - November 4th, 2017
- Boho Beautiful Yoga Event - September 16th, 2017
- Spring Open House - May 6th, 2017
- Downed Eucalyptus Trees - April 8th, 2017
- Poker for Paws - February 18th, 2017
- Autumn Open House - November 5th, 2016
- Spring Open House - May 7th, 2016
- The Cat House awarded a Certificate of Recognition - February 11th, 2016
- French TV Filming - February 4th, 2016
- Autumn Open House - November 7th, 2015
- Spring Open House - May 2nd, 2015
- Family Volunteer Day - November 22nd, 2014
- Autumn Open House - November 1st, 2014
- Tree Planting - October 17th, 2014
- Spring Open House - May 4th, 2014
- World Spay Day - February 23rd, 2014
- Petco Adoption Center Anniversary Party - February 22nd, 2014
- Autumn Open House - November 2nd, 2013
- National Geographic Filming - March 18th, 2013
- Petco Adoption Center Grand Opening - February 15th, 2013
- Bondi Vet visits The Cat House - December 21st, 2012
- 20th Anniversary Autumn Open House - October 27th, 2012
- Cinco de Meow - Spring Open House - May 5th, 2012
- Cleanup Day - March 12th, 2012
- Autumn Open House - October 29th, 2011
- Halloween Open House - October 31st, 2009
- Spring Open House - May 16th, 2009
- Autumn Open House - October 25th, 2008
See The Cat House on the Kings in the media:
Visitor Photo Albums
See some of the photos taken by visitors to The Cat House on the Kings:
- Leslie Black Visit - May 13th, 2021
- Jen Lesieur Visit - September 22nd, 2017
- Amber visited and took some great photos! - August 11th, 2015
- Alanna and Maureen spend the night in the driveway! - June 9th, 2010
- Photos from a visit by Mary M. - September 20th, 2009
Occasionally people share with us their own stories about The Cat House on the Kings, cats and dogs who have passed through our doors and about their other pets. We share some of these stories through our scrapbook. If you have a special story to share, simply e-mail us.
Join our mailing list
Sign up today to receive our free newsletter!
Purrs and Love Stellar Summer Quilt Raffle
Purrs and Love Stellar Summer Quilt Set
This stunning 72"x90" coordinated cotton/polyester quilt set, called Purrs and Love Stellar Summer, will fit either a twin or double bed. It was made and generously donated by Diane Lotzer with Helen Howes' pattern. The set includes the quilt, 2 pillow shams with new pillow inserts, and 2 zippered pillows.
The winning ticket: #426622. Congratulations to Cindy N. from NC!
Raffle tickets are just $1 each. For every 20 tickets you purchase, you will get one free. So if you buy 60 you will actually get 63! To enter send a check or money order payable to The Cat House on the Kings and marked "RAFFLE TICKETS" with your phone number and e-mail address in the memo section to The Cat House on the Kings, 7120 S. Kings River Rd., Parlier, CA 93648. Alternatively, you may call our office at (559) 638-0030, Mon-Fri 8am-3:30pm (Pacific), to purchase tickets with a credit card ($20 minimum). We will ask for your e-mail address. For phone/check purchases, we will e-mail you a receipt with your ticket numbers. If you purchase tickets during an event at The Cat House on the Kings, you will receive physical ticket stubs. You need not be present to win. Shipping is free to U.S. addresses, but any international winner will need to help cover shipping costs.
- We are prohibited by law from accepting raffle ticket payments online. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Ticket sales end at 1:00pm PDT on September 28th 2023.
The Cat House on the Kings is extremely grateful to the following organizations and individuals for their generous grants. Please visit their websites via the links below to find out more about their charitable activities.
We are honored to have been awarded the following prizes in the Shelter Challenge:
$1,500 in cash & $3,000 in supplies runner-up in the 2022 Holiday Paws Shelter Challenge.
- $2,000 cash & $2,000 in supplies third place in the 2022 Falling Fur You Shelter Challenge.
- $3,000 cash & $2,500 in supplies second place in the 2022 Summer Lovin' Shelter Challenge.
- $8,000 cash & $3,000 in supplies grand prize in the 2022 Blooming Love Shelter Challenge.
- $1,500 in cash & $3,000 in supplies runner up in the 2021 Deck the Paws Shelter Challenge.
- $3,000 in cash & $2,500 in supplies second place in the 2021 Dog (& Cat!) Days of Summer Shelter Challenge.
- $3,000 in cash & $2,500 in supplies second place in the 2021 Spring It On! Shelter Challenge.
- $3,000 in cash & $2,000 worth of vital supplies grand prize in the 2021 Endless Love Shelter Challenge.
- $5,000 in cash & $3,000 in supplies second place in the 2020 Happy Pawlidays Shelter Challenge.
- $5,000 in cash & $2,000 worth of critical supplies grand prize in the 2020 All Grown Up Birthday Shelter Challenge.
- $10,000 worth of supplies grand prize in the 2019 Spoil Shelter Pets Shelter Challenge.
- $5,000 runner up 1 in the 2018 New Beginnings Shelter Challenge.
- $5,000 runner up in the 2018 Spring Beta Shelter Challenge.
- $1,000 1st place weekly winner for the 2016 Story Contest Challenge.
- $20,000 Grand Prize Winner & $2000 Weekly Prize Winner, 2015 Happy Howlidays Shelter Challenge.
- $1000 1st California State Winner, 2015 Play It Cool Shelter Challenge.
- $2000 Grand Prize & $500 Weekly Winner prize, 2015 Spring Beta Test Shelter Challenge.
- 50 AlphaPooch pet beds for 2nd place in California, 2014 Holiday Edition of the Shelter Challenge.
The Cat House on the Kings is honored to have received a $1000 Community Impact Award from Alley Cat Allies for which we are extremely grateful.
The Build-a-Bear Workshop Bear Hugs Foundation has awarded us a $2,500 grant.
The ASPCA has generously awarded us the following grant:
|$5,000.00||For transporting dogs out of our low adoption high kill rate area|
|$5,000.00||For spay & neuter|
@PetcoLove (formerly the Petco Foundation), #PetcoLovePartner has generously awarded us the following grants:
|$32,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter (April 2023)|
|$30,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter (April 2021)|
|$70,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter. (April 2019)|
|$75,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter. (Aug 2017)|
|$10,000.00||A grant for spay/neuter. (Jan 2015)|
|$1,000.00||A special grant for being voted a 100 Celebrations partner by Petco associates. Thank you! (Sep 2012)|
|$2,500.00||Helping the animals of California's housing crisis (Aug 2012)|
|$5,000.00||For spay/neuter (Aug 2012)|
|$2,500.00||Helping with California's housing crisis fund|
|$1,631.72||Cat and dog food|
We are extremely grateful to the Animal Farm Foundation for an initial grant of $5,000 to provide comprehensive companion animal care services to pet owners in need of assistance through the Happy Healthy Pet program.
In October 2020, Amazon's #DeliveringSmiles program donated $4,676.30 worth of products selected from from our Amazon Wishlist for which we are very grateful.